Monday, January 5, 2009

How could she be so cold hearted?

Thats the question I keep asking myself when I think of my brother's widow. Most people know the story. By brother died. His widow took the kids and moved to Texas. We were able to see and talk to them a lil bit for awhile, So long as it was always on her terms. It has now been more than 2 years since we've been able to see the kids. She's remarried and apparently we are no longer allowed to be a part of my niece and nephew's life. All phone calls are not returned and any attempt to see the kids has been cut off. No one really knows why we're not allowed to see the kids. We've done nothing but try to love and support the kids. We've been dealing with the physchoness (is that a word) of her for a long time and now she's just hit an all time low. I've stopped sending gifts to the kids because we weren't really sure she was giving it to them. We would still send a card with a note saying we've set money aside for them. I've started setting money aside on Christmas and birthdays in case one day I get to see them, or when they come of age and need it for school or something. I received a note back this year saying the new husband has adopted the kids and that I was only to refer to them by their new name. I probably wouldn't have even received a card if not for the sole purpose of telling me how I'm suppose to act. This is the first correspondence we've received from her in a long time. Well my nephew's birthday came and I sent him a card with a note saying i've set money aside. Well today I get an instant message saying this "That was really rude so I put return to sender and put it back in the box. You may have never given the kids love or support, I can live with that. But I will not allow you to hurt them."
Is she serious? Apparently I didn't address him by the correct name and now "I'm hurting them??" We've done nothing but love and support those kids and she's done nothing but push us away and cut us off and keep us from talking to the kids. The kids I hope will eventually grow up and resent her, because she's kept them from knowing their real father's family. Hopefully one day they'll come and find us and we can tell them how much their real father and us really loved them and we wanted to be a part of their lives. So there's my rant for the evening. For now I just keep the glimmer of hope that one day I'll get to see the kids again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurie I am so sorry to hear that. She really has turned cold hearted and just evil. You and your mom have been nothing but sweet to her and she is simply spitting in your face telling you she doesn't need you. Those kids WILL look for you and your mom because you two are there to love them and not treat them like excess bagguage. That is what she is doing. Getting back to being comfortable in her life and straightening things out for herself. She sounds like she doesn't even give a damn about those kids. That makes my heartache because they are beautiful kids and they need to be with their Dad's family. So they can learn about what a wonderful father he was and how much they meant to him. So they can see pictures of Brad and hear stories about his childhood.

I am so sorry. You and your mom have such a great heart and you don't deserve to be treated like this.