Sunday, January 15, 2006

Busy weekend

Chris and I had a busy weekend. First our baby furniture came in so Chris was in charge of picking that up. He got the crib all set up and we got the dresser in the room but the armoire we bought to match was busted up so we had to take that back and order a new one. Then it was a busy day of baby registering. Who knew babies need so much crap! Its a lil overwhelming. And of course babies r us has this huge list of things you should have. But with the help of mom, melanie and tracy we got a lot accomplished.

Today I got to see some friends from high school that I don't get to see very much. So that was fun. Of course half of us were pregnant. (We must have all drank the same water) So there was a lot of baby talk. But it was fun to visit.

Oh the big news is we finally decided on a name. Her name will be Avalyn Grace and we'll call her Ava for short. There was a lot of debating and a lot of bargening but we finally decided.
So that was our busy weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ava is a fun name! We finally found out yesterday afternoon that we're having a boy - we're going to name him Brady Michael Waters. My sister Jenn is finished having kids so we get all of her furniture and baby stuff... bonus!!! We went to Babies R Us today to poke around at all the boy stuff and I totally agree it's way expensive. Luckily Jenn had two boys so little Brady is set! When we come to visit for my cousin's wedding in July we'll have to get Brady and Ava together! -- Heather Waters

Anonymous said...

I have been bragging about your baby name to everyone and they all like it. I hope people don't all start naming their daughters Avalyn before she's born. Maybe you should get a patent on it. That's what Michelle should have done for "Lucy".

Who did you see from high school? Have you heard anything about the 10 year?

Anonymous said...

I saw Cara, Marissa, Heather and Lisa. Heather is due in July and Lisa is due in May. Everyone is having babies!